This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Monday 8 October 2012

Little Mermaid - Berry Bleu Mixed Media Challenge

Hi Everyone

Hope you all had a good weekend and that your Monday was not too bad!

I have a mixed media layout to share with you today for the Berry Bleu challenge here.

This is the first time that I have actually done a mixed media canvas layout.  I really enjoyed the different techniques and had a good time playing and creating! ;-)

Anyways so here is the result.


I wanted to keep it very natural but also wanted to bring in some florals. So this is the combination of both.
Firstly I did some gesso painting on the canvas and added the corrugated cardboard, and then I did some spray painting and then added all the bits.  I also created texture on the fence with gesso and then also coloured with pigment inks.

Materials used:
Enmarc Dazzles spray inks - Bermuda and Ocean Jewel
Celebr8 chipboard fence
Gesso paint
Prima and Petaloo flowers
Thick twine
Natural shells and pebbles
7 Gypsies sticker
Basic Grey chipboard pieces

Here are some close-ups.



Thanks so much for coming to say hello today.
Perhaps you would like to try a mixed media project...it's easy when you just get going! ;-)
Enjoy your evening!
Denise x

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Denise! Looks stunning!! I got your GDT post up today too - woot to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea about beach! Thanks for playing with us at Berry 71 Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Helen...I saw the post this morning! yeaaaaahaa!!! ;-))))
    Thanks also Bellaidea...yes...I thought a beach scene was perfect for this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the layout!! you did an awesome job this month with both your LOs TFs at B71B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, love the beach embellishments. Thank you for joining us at B71B. Channa

    ReplyDelete