This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 22 May 2013

5 - Once Upon a Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone

What a busy day today! There never seems to be enough hours in a day! ;-)

I have just just managed to get my page done for the OUAS challenge this month.  I was wondering whether I was actually going to get in done in time.  I really struggled with the lighting too, as the clouds had covered the sun by the time I got home.

Anyways, here was the sketch.  It also had to include a visible number on the layout.



So I did a page from Joe's birthday last year.


My journalling says this: Today sweet boy you are 5! I can almost not believe it! You are still as precious as always - 28 July 2012.

I truly cannot believe that he is growing so fast! It's actually quite scary. But yes, I guess they have to grow up and I will hopefully be there, every step of the way! ;-)


Supplies used:
Basic Grey Life of the Party Collection
Kaisercraft stamp for background stamping
The number 5 - Sassafras



Well thanks for coming to have a look!
I hope you have a super evening!
Denise x

14 comments:

  1. Isn't it true...mine is turning 30 this year and looking at his toddler photos makes it feel like yesterday!!! So treasure these moments for as long as you can !!! Beautiful and clever co-ordination of your embellishments with Joe's clothes...great LO Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. time is slipping by very fast, yes there never seems to be enough hours in the day
    I love your layout, great take on challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes time flies by; that's why your scrap books are sooo important. Lovely boy's page with the stars and balloons :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet photo Denise on such a beautiful layout! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious, precious plus.... how cute, and I really like the layer of banners, and papers you used. Won't be long and this little man will be 6.... oh how fast the year goes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely layout...and I love your handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous lo Denise!! Love how u designed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet page--I like the bold wood grain background and the subtle white stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. I love the entire composition. The cool layers and how you framed the photos with the stamping. Love the whole party vibe too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yip I am with Patricia on this one... mine is 30 too and seems like just yesterday he was this little boy... now he is my big boy. Enjoy each day and treasure the memories. Stunning layout D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you LO Denise and a fabulous take on this month's sketch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely page! YOu have stunning handwriting!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, Denise! I just love this LO! it is just perfect! all the detailing and colors are perfectly combined with the photo!
    thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete