This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Close - Scrap Around the World August Challenge

Hi Everyone

I am so loving the scrapping at the moment. Joe is sitting here next to me, and he is happily drawing away and I am writing this post and scrapping! Bliss! ;-)

I have a page to share with you for the Scrap Around the World Challenge here.
This is the challenge.



I decided to be really bold, as I really liked the cake, with the orange flowers and green leaves. So my colouring comes from that image!

So here is my version.


This is a little different from my usual style, but I am quite happy with how it turned out! I did the masking first and then added my photo along with the stamping.  Then I did lots of fussy cutting on the flowers and then put it all together.



I have a close-up of my journalling here.


I have quite a number of Bo Bunny papers and so decided that I really want to start using them! So I used Hello Sunshine papers and stamps, along with some MME enamel dots and W&M chippies.
The background stencil used was Prima, and the spritz was Enmarc Dazzles, Burnt Orange.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a super evening.
Denise x

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is a very different style for you :D but I really like it. The colours are just so bright and happy and I love the misting... I really have to get that right... love the fussy cut flowers and that is such a sweet photo. So special to have friends like that. Gorgeous D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page and theme! My boy is an only child, too, and I share your feelings about how great it is for him to have friends or cousins that are close, almost like sisters or brothers!

    Thanks again for your nice comments on my layout for the Scrap Africa challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, love the masking real neat. Love the bright colours in the flowers .x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your choice of taking the colours from the cake, cause they are gorgeous. Layout is stunning Denise, the photograph too (so cute) and the way you misted the background. Jesse's watching Pepa Pig ... peace for me too (for a short while).

    ReplyDelete
  5. great take on challenge, love the misting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on this challenge Denise. Love everything about your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow what a awesome looking lo! LOVE what you've done with the challenge! Wonderful use of the sketch and perfect color match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a bright and happy page....LOVE the misting and that Prima stencil. He is lucky to have some little cousins to play with. Beautiful Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous take on the challenge Denise! I love the misting! Mmmm... I think I have some of those Bo Bunny papers in my stash too. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page, I love the stencil work and the beautiful bright colours you've used. Thanks so much for joining in at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout. Thanks for playing along at SATW this month !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bright and bold take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The masking/stamping combination is so beautifully effective! Gorgeous layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I adore your colours and how you've incorporated the misting and the flowers. Stunning Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. this photo is too sweet! ♥ you did an amazing work here, Denise! love you sprayed masked background and the bright color pops are so happy and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete