This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Friday 21 February 2014

Once Upon a Time - Berry71Bleu

Hello Everyone

I showed you a little sneak peek of my layout the other day and thanks to all who left a lovely comment on the Berry71Bleu blog.

So here is the full reveal on my blog.


I created a vintage page of my grandparents. I got this photo from my Aunt at Christmas time and really wanted to use it, as it was so very special! My grandparents were so young here and don't they make a handsome couple!!


I had some embossed papers leftover from my Zeus and Zoe DT kit which I stuck down to the card stock and then added some book page strips across these.  I then gessoed everything and then laid a stencil down and added some spray ink. I added some pen lines and stamping to complete the background.


I had a beautiful, vintage tag from Marivic, which was the inspiration for this page, as the lady in the tag reminded me so much of my Gran when she was young. I also used a gorgeous Molossi chipboard title, a beautiful Manor House flower and the fabulous glass accent flower by Art-i-cake.


Initially I was a bit worried as to the colour combination, but in the end I was thrilled with how the colours all worked so nicely together.  The combination really added to the vintage feel.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a super Friday and weekend!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. Love it! I really like vintage photos
    xoxo
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love old photos , people always look so glamorous without all the bling and flash of today. You have really done this photo justice. That chipboard title is super and your colour combo really works

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous vintage themed layout, Denise....brilliant colour choices & great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as gorgeous over here Denise….love the vintage photo and your lovely treatment of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great photo to have Denise. You've created the perfect vintage page! Love it. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a cool retro colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really gorgeous Denise. The colours work so very well together. You really did this vintage photo justice.

    ReplyDelete