This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 29 June 2014

All Woman - Somewhere in Time - BoBunny

Hello Everyone

I have a double pager to share with you today! This is really rare, as I really don't do much double pagers anymore.  But I was asked for this DT assignment and I am actually so happy, because I am thrilled with how it came out.  

This double pager is also up on the BoBunny Blog where we are showing the beautiful Somewhere in Time Collection.  It's a bit vintage, a bit steampunky and just gorgeous!

So here is my double pager.



I had recently done a canvas which I shared on my blog, for the BerryBleu71 challenge about Marilyn.  It was while I was researching her a little, that I found these amazing photo's and also some wonderful quotes.



 She was not a size 8 and had beautiful curves, definitely "All Woman" and she was not afraid to show her curves! So this page is about celebrating being a woman and loving who you are, whether you are a size 8 or not!!



I found quite a number of Marilyn Monroe quotes that were absolutely fabulous and I used one here, which I really loved - "I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it".  My journaling says: I love that she was a full figured woman and was so very beautiful.  I love that she was all woman!"



I did some stencilling and gesso work and then added some paints, stamping and then some cogs.  I also did a lot of fussy cutting of the blooms, which are absolutely gorgeous!


Below is a close-up of the journalling.



Patterned Paper: Antiquity, Beauty, Timeless, Evening Mist/ Somewhere in Time
Stickers: Cardstock Sticker/ Modern Miss
Noteworthy: Somewhere in Time
Buttons: Somewhere in Time
Brads: Autumn Song
Jewels: Somewhere in Time
Stamps: On This Day, Wall to Wall Textures, It is Written, Distressed Textures
Kraft: Wood Gears

Thanks so much for popping by!
I really appreciate your visits and comments!
Denise x

10 comments:

  1. Really Gorgeous layout Denise.. !!! Absolutely stunning. I love your post..couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made beautiful spread for a timeless beauty. This all came together so wonderfully. I love the little quotes and the beautiful photos you have chosen.Your stamping looks great too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so beautiful page! I absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful double Denise. Love the design and the photos are perfect with this celebration of womanhood page. The hair air balloons give good contrast to the delicate flowers and like the brickwork behind the photos. My new fave from you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely double , love all the aging and distressing of the paper and your fussy cutting is so precise. What a beauty she was .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing! I always had a hard time to make double pages, you made this so well
    xoxo
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this layout and that background misting is just so beautiful. Perfect colours and flirty feel for this beautiful lady... you totally rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful page D & your backgrounds are getting more & more awesome by the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glamorous and beautiful. Your 2pager is amazing Denise.

    ReplyDelete