This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Sisters - Prima BAP February

Hello Everyone

I finished a page for the Prima February BAP.  I kinda struggled with the sketch, but eventually I was able to put my own spin on it and think it turned out okay.

February-sketch-2

Here's my take on it.


I used the All About Me Collection, along with some Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces and Prima blooms and Petaloo blooms.


I wanted to keep the styling light and fresh.


I used some of the squares around my title and sub title, to pull everything together.


Here is a close-up of the journalling.


I used some shimmer sprays on the background with a stencil and so when photographing the page, it was a little difficult.  I guess this is also why the writing does not appear sharp.

"Being a sister myself, I know that it's not always easy to agree on everything and always get along! But I love seeing the two of you enjoying each others company and really having fun together Dec 2014"

These two girlies are my neices and it's really scary to know that they were babes just yesterday and today they are young ladies!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a super evening!
Denise x

13 comments:

  1. It's such a young, fresh and vibrant page! Love your clusters [of course!!] & the journaling is spot on....& so are your reflections on the speed that time goes by....EEEK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page. Great journaling & nice & fresh. Am sitting with that sketch myself & know I have to do it but like you I keep looking sideways at it :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Denise! Such a sweet photo of the pretty girls! Love all the foliage and pretty blossoms! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so wonderful page Denise! love these colours, looks so fresh and beautiful! and flowers cluster are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you did keep it fresh and light and captured the essence of the sketch in the process. Love the use of the pink frames (one of my favourite papers ever) :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah a very pretty layout too.. Love the sketch and your take on it. The leaves are just so lush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page my dear
    I love all those leaves
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know what I love about your designs? From the very outer edge to the proliferation of flowers in the middle you can tell that they are incredibly thought out. I love all the different bits and bobs you've got going on in the outer edges and how they are just restrained enough to not compete with your overall design. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Denise! It didn't only turn out ok but it turned out great too! Gorgeous piece of art... I was attracted to the beautiful design and colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet photo and it's surrounded by a wonderful design. Love the colours you have picked and all the diecut greenery. Simply beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is totally gorgeous Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so beautifully striking and fresh with the pink and green.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete